Life is a series of negotiations, and the decisions you make regarding your health are no exception.
Do you sleep in or go for a run? Take time to make oatmeal or hit the drive-thru on the way to the office? Have a nightcap or call it a night? Life is a series of negotiations, and a healthy lifestyle only happens after thoughtful negotiating â€“ with yourself.
With The Diplomacy DietTM, youâ€™ll learn about the art of negotiation and use it to broker deals that lead to positive, lasting lifestyle changes. Plan and strategize to make the healthy choice, identify must-make concessions, eliminate self-sabotage, and create an environment that supports your goals. Whether youâ€™re trying to lose weight, make exercise a habit, or have a peaceful family dinner, The Diplomacy DietTM can help you and your family move towards better health â€“ without putting up a fight.
Weary from the war on obesity? Tired of losing the battle of the bulge?
No more body bashing, disappointments or bouts of guilt. Never mind exercising willpower. The Diplomacy DietTM helps you develop skills and strategies and ultimately, habits that keep you in control.
- All negotiations require putting something on the table. Identify the concessions that work for you.
- Sweep the minefield of junk food and create a home environment that makes the healthy choice the only choice.
- Leave the threats, barters, and bribes off the dinner table and teach your kids to enjoy healthy eating.
- Learn how to stock the healthy kitchen and enjoy food again: there are no cheat days or cheat meals in The Diplomacy Diet. And no guilt!
- Rally your allies around your health cause and stop your saboteurs.
- Draft a new peace accord with your body: youâ€™ll agree to love it and take care of it.
Claudia Zapata, MS, RDN, is an honors graduate from Georgetown Universityâ€™s Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service. The founder of the health blog claudiazapata.com, Claudia received her masterâ€™s degree in nutrition and is a registered dietitian nutritionist. With â€œThe Diplomacy DietTM,â€ she has combined her studies of international affairs and nutrition to develop a peaceful solution to better health. â€œWhether itâ€™s politics or lifestyle choices, success comes down to strategy and negotiations,â€ Claudia says. â€œThe Diplomacy DietTM will teach you how to play the game that happens in your head â€“ and let health win.
â€“ former U.S. President Bill Clinton